Craving Normal

Chris and I were talking the other night about how much our lives have been in a constant state of change lately.  For example, in 2007 I graduated from college, "officially" moved out of my parent's house (I lived there during school breaks, but attended college 1500+ miles away) and started a real, full time job.  This was on the cusp of a suddenly changed college major and my Dad having cancer.

2008 was a relatively steady with that same job, being involved in a wonderful church, great roommates and a busy yet fulfilling time of singleness.  September of 2008, Chris and I started dating just about a month after my Grandma passed away.  (These changes have mostly been good, but they are changes (and some stressful) nonetheless.)  

In 2009, we got engaged and three weeks later I moved.  Chris accepted a job in Y-town,we got married and I moved to Y-town as well.  (Hint: moving two days after your honeymoon is a bad idea.)

2010 seemed like it would be steadier, but once again, God had changes up His sleeve.  We found out we were pregnant, and a few months later moved to California.  

I'm tired just remembering all of that. :)  It would be nice if 2011 held a bit of normalcy (please, Lord...let us stay in one place for more than a year!), but with a baby coming, our world is guaranteed to be shaken even more.  Like I said, these are good things, but challenging at the same time.

So, what's a girl (and her husband) to do?  The same as we always have--holding hands through life's adventures, knowing that "in every change, He faithful will remain."

Comments

Popular Posts