Needing to Be Creative

The other night after our Garlic Chicken, we sat down to watch a movie.  Before it started, though, I informed Chris that I needed to knit. Between packing, moving and unpacking, it'd been way too long since I'd gotten the chance to be creative, and it was about to drive me nuts.

So, I grabbed my yarn and needles (which took a bit of looking; haven't set up my craft area yet), the two knitting books I'd gotten from the library and searched in vain for a pattern that a) was at my skill level and b) used either size 8 or size 3 needles.  Finally, I found the instructions for a doll shawl that I thought might work for a newborn. So, I cast on and started knitting!  (I'm also banking on us having a girl...if Higbaby is a boy, the project will probably become a gift, so friends, you can't say you weren't warned.)

An hour into the movie, this is what I had to show for my work:
(The camera batteries died JUST as I was going to take a picture.  Imagine a triangle about 5 inches wide.)

It's not perfect--bonus to no picture means you can see the holes--but I was being creative. And that, my friends, is just what I needed.

Comments

Popular Posts