Grace in Difficulty [Gifts 269-283]

It hasn't been the easiest of weeks. My long-napping baby suddenly decided than sleeping for more than 30-45 minutes just shouldn't happen, and much of his awake time should be spent whining and fussing. Every time I'd moan to myself about how horrible the week was, I'd remember something a friend said on Twitter. "I am finding that adding "1st world problem" to my complaints helps put them in their place." No one died; no one got horribly sick. We have food, shelter, clothing and indoor plumbing. First world problems, indeed.
Pardon the shadows..cell phone photo :)

269 popsicle molds from a friend who knew I was looking for some

270 pizza and "happy 6 months of being a mommy/I'm sorry you're having a rough week" roses and cake

271 our church being given a piano

272 Pintrest inspiration

273 video Skyping with my brother

275 Skyping with my parents, sister and grandparents over a thousand plus miles

276 birthday cards done before they need to be mailed

277 color in our bathroom

278 progress on my to-do list by 9:30 on a Saturday morning

279 6 hours of sleep in a row!

280 a relaxing evening with Chris after a rough week

281 delicious leftovers for lunch

282 an impromptu trip to the park

283 a new-to-them, much needed building for old church

Comments

Popular Posts