A Splash of Color

Because we rent, our walls are a white-gray. All of them. I'm trying to add some color around here, so Sunday afternoon I set out to make something that relatively matched our new shower curtain, using spray paint I'd bought.

A few hours, one slight fussy baby and one viewing of That Thing You Do! later, this is what I ended up with:

I didn't take any photos of the process because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but this is basically what I did.

1) Spray painted a 12x12 piece of cardstock aqua.

2) Cut 4 4x4 squares from notecards.

3) Glued to 12x12 paper.

4) Cut up a paper towel tube into the "petals."

5) Spray painted the pieces green (hung on a coat hanger for painting).

6) When dry, glued onto the white squares.

7) Hang and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts