Tuesday Ramblings

I really hope Timothy pops a tooth soon. Either that, or the 'napping for less than an hour' phase is over soon. For a mama (and baby) who appreciate predictability, it's been rough.

Saturday I made freezer breakfast burritos. We didn't have enough tinfoil so I just wrapped them in papertowels and put them in a freezer bag. (The papertowels got a little soggy.)  I sneaked one for breakfast this morning, and it was quite delicious. Best of all, it only took about an hour to make them (and that included a break to nurse/change Timmy's diaper).

Timmy started solids! Earlier than I had planned on, but he kept waking up from naps being hungry, and hasn't been sleeping as well at night. So far we've tried sweet potato (I think he had a slight reaction), avocado and banana (both were a hit). Thankfully he's almost 5 months old so that will allow him a few more menu options.

I made Taco Pizza last Friday and it was a hit. I concocted sauce from a can of tomato sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and salsa to taste and topped with taco meat and a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese on our favorite pizza crust. We were out of lettuce and sour cream on Friday, but I had some on my leftover pizza the next day and it was tasty.

After Timmy was in bed Friday, I went to the grocery store alone. It was quite peaceful (score one for small towns on a Friday night), even though I was pretty exhausted.

Comments

Popular Posts