Recipes We Love: Default Pizza Dough

I thought I'd share some of our favorite recipes on my blog.  We're not gourmet by any means (though I harbor fantasies of it, and then reality of time/energy/budget sets in), but here's one we use for our traditional Friday night pizza.  In fact, it's currently rising in the oven.

This recipe comes from Thea, a wonderful friend from B-town, mother of two adorable girls (one of whom was a flower girl in our wedding) and husband of Mitch, a great guy.

1 c bread flour (any flour will do, she says--I use white)
1 c whole wheat flour
1 T sugar
1 t salt
1 T yeast
1 T olive oil
1 c warm water (105-115 deg.)

1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.

2. Combine oil and water, then add to dry ingredients.  (I usually add more flour here to prevent stickiness.)

3. Knead for 2 minutes (speed 2 on a stand mixer).

4. Let rise for 30 minutes.

5. Shape and cover with toppings, then bake at 400 deg. F for 15-20 min.

Simple and delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts