"Schedules"

The YLCF is talkin' schedules this week, so I thought I'd chime in.  Even though I don't have a very rigid schedule right now, I do love routine and try to have some order to my days.  Last year's YLCF blog carnival found me adjusting to life as a newlywed and settling into a new city. This year, we've just settled into a new city (again!) and are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first baby in January!  Thus, my schedule is sort of loose as I know that once baby comes it will all go out in the window and need to be re-made!

I wouldn't be able to survive without my to-do list.  Every Sunday afternoon or evening, I attempt to write down when I'm going to do certain weekly chores like cleaning, any baking that needs to get done, etc.  My lists are currently housed in my red Moleskine planner.

Cleaning typically happens near the end of the week, so the house is clean for the weekend, but this week I cleaned Monday since I spent all weekend working with apples and knew I should clean after that sticky mess!

Baking is usually a Friday event (even though it should be before cleaning, because I always make a mess) as we have pizza every Friday night and our freezer isn't big enough to house very many batches of dough.

In the past I've had scheduled days for doing laundry, but now I just look at the hamper each morning and see if it needs to get done.  This usually ends up being every other day or every three days, though I try hard to avoid doing it on weekends.

Some things are the same each day--we wake up, shower, eat breakfast, etc. and I send Chris off to work.  Devotions are done either during breakfast or after Chris leaves.  Once that's done, I start laundry if necessary and load/unload the dishwasher as needed.  Another essential is a nap. At 29 weeks pregnant, I know that I need to sleep during the day if I want to be a functioning wife once Chris is home from work.

Now that our house is getting settled, I'm looking ahead to the holidays and will soon be planning out when I'm baking and working on gift making.

So that's my "schedule."  Not very well defined, but in this season of transition, it works.

Comments

Springjoy said…
Thanks for sharing, and joining us over on YLCF, Elisabeth!

We have pizza on friday nights whenever possible, too. YUMMY way to end the week. :)
Anonymous said…
How exciting that you're soon going to have a baby! Maybe it will be born on my birthday. ;)

Schedules do have to improvised with a child around. Ever since I started watching a little girl, I've had to adapt to a new routine.

Popular Posts