Apples Apples Everywhere


Saturday morning found me at a local orchard picking up some apples.  26 pounds, to be precise.  Once I got home, my apple marathon started.  That afternoon, I made 7 quarts of applesauce (following Lindsey's method) and canned 5 of them.  I would have canned the others but ran out of time due to childbirth class.  (More on that later, but it was really good and I'm excited for it, albeit even more nervous about the reality of the whole giving birth thing.)

Sunday, I prepared two batches of apple crisp and baked one.  The extra went into the freezer for a quick dessert to pull out when there's company.

And yesterday, I made all day apple butter (they weren't kidding about the all day part--I started it at 8:30 am and it finished around 9 pm) and caramel apple sticky buns.

There's still a few apples left to be eaten raw, but I'm ready to move onto something else.  Pumpkin bars, anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts