Recipes We Love: SaraAnn's Apple Crisp

I got this recipe from SaraAnn, a friend from B-town/fellow church goer/former co-worker (yeah, my different spheres intersected a LOT).  It's the only apple crisp recipe I use now, and the one I made last weekend during my apple marathon.

4 c apples, peeled and sliced
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg

Mix together and place in 9 inch buttered baking dish.

Mix together:
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1 T cinnamon
cut in 1/2 c butter
add 2/3 c oatmeal

Sprinkle on top of apples in pan and bake approximately 45 minutes at 350.

So delicious and so fall-ish!  (I can tell it's fall because I've been going through my cinnamon at a record pace.)  One thing I tried was making the topping in my Kitchen Aid and it worked so well!  I hate cutting in butter by hand, and was going to try using the blender, but Chris suggested the mixer.  I put on the whisk attachment and made sure the butter was in small chunks before adding it.  The man's a genius (which I already knew)!

Comments

Popular Posts