The Next Big Thing

I don't want to live my life for The Next Big Thing.  The problem?  It's how I tend to operate.  Once we moved, there was a house to set up and a visit from my parents and sister.  Next, it's Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas and then the arrival of our baby.

The thing is, if I continue to live just being excited about whatever is new and exciting, I'm in for a pretty boring attitude where there is nothing new and exciting on the horizon.  When (not if!) my days' routine holds such items as nurse baby, change baby and wash diapers for days on end, I'm going to feel frustrated that I'm not doing more.

But--I am doing more.  I have the privilege of staying home with our precious baby, something I've wanted to do for years.  And when I'm up to my ears in spit-up and a baby who won't sleep, I'll do my best to remember that I am doing The Next Big Thing in my life, even if that means changing another diaper.

Comments

Popular Posts