Friday Ramblings

Gretchen wrote a post of random topics in bullet form today, and she inspired me.

  • While reheating Meaty Spaghetti for lunch, I spilled a noodle on my freshly cleaned stove.  Grrrr.  However, the recipe is delicious so hopefully I'll share it soon.
  • Health insurance is ridiculously confusing.  I don't recommend switching companies across state lines while you're pregnant.  It ain't easy or cheap.  But...I'm thankful to have coverage.
  • Higbaby has been getting the hiccups!  A friend asked the other day if s/he had been getting them, and I said I didn't know, but after some googling, I found out that those rhythmic kicks were actually hiccups.
  • Speaking of Higbaby, yesterday was the start of trimester three!  Hard to believe that our precious child will be here in a few short months.  I painted the crib this week and baby kicked during the process, which I'm hoping means that s/he a) approved of the paint job and b) plans to sleep lots in it.
  • For Thanksgiving we'll be staying in T-town and hopefully having some co-workers of Chris' over.  I am SO excited to cook for people, minus the turkey.  That scares the stuffing out of me.  Speaking of stuffing, anyone have advice for that?  I've never been a fan of it, until Chris and I started dating and I tried his step-dad's Southern dressing/stuff.  So. freaking. good.  It has cornbread and turkey in it and he starts it at something like 2 a.m. the night before.
  • I love our traditional Friday pizza night.  I'm planning to make dessert tonight, too.  Not sure which one yet as I'm out of chocolate chips, but surely I'll find something else/be struck with inspiration.
  • We got library cards last night and I picked up two knitting books; one on socks and one on mittens.  Who wants to be my personal tutor??
  • Enough rambling...off to bake!

Comments

Popular Posts