New Recipe of the Week: Ham Tetrazzini

Ham Tetrazzini
(from the Taste of Home Slow Cooker Cookbook)

1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 c sliced fresh mushrooms
1 c cubed fully cooked lean ham
1/2 c evaporated milk
2 T white wine or water (I used water)
1 t prepared horseradish
1 package (7 oz) spaghetti
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese

In 3 qt slow cooker, combine the soup, mushrooms, ham, milk wine or water and horseradish.

Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.  Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions; drain.  Add the spaghetti and cheese to slow cooker; toss to coat.

Results: It was okay.  The ham was a bit dry, I though, because it was more on the well-done side...more about that below.

Things to do differently: Make more, as my crockpot is 6 quarts so got very well done by the time we got home from church.

What I did differently: Well, I realized Saturday night when I pulled the mushrooms out of the fridge that they were slimy (Fred Meyer is just NOT a good place to get produce).  I also didn't put in the horseradish because we had none and it didn't sound appealing.  And then there was the whole almost burning it thing.  I'd like to try it with wine sometime, too.

Make again? Maybe, if I doubled the recipe or something so that there was more in the crockpot to prevent it from burning.

Comments

Popular Posts