Wedneday evenings

Wednesday evenings around here were a bit different as of late...my roommates and I would pile into my car and head off to Pete and Cheryl's for a class/study on, all of things, marriage. Both my roommates are in relationships, yet I, the single one, initiated our house going to the class. Why? Well, I want to be married someday--I'd wager most people do--and I figure that starting to prepare now, as a single girl, is a good thing to do. It's helping me to think about what kind of wife I want to be and how I can get there, even now. It's living like I plan to get married (as Candice Watters alluded to in "Get Married: What Women Can Do to Help it Happen). Is it weird? Yes. I got some pretty strange responses when I would tell people of my Wednesday night plans, but that's okay. Hopefully, attending a marriage class as a single will show my husband how I've been preparing for our life together, even while I didn't have a boyfriend, and how seriously I take the role of being a wife.

Comments

LISA said…
Kudos to you, dear friend...you are right where you should be. That is so purposeful of you...and an example to other single gals.
Keep it up!

Popular Posts