Thoughts on memorizing/quizzing

So today we started a Bible study with some girls on our floor. It involves watching a DVD for about an hour. The speaker included lots of Scripture, which I of course loved. I had memorized almost all of the verses she quoted, but if someone had asked me to quote them by just giving the reference, I wouldn't be able to. That made me really upset, because I realized how all those verses that I memorized aren't with me like they used to be. Sure, I can quote them along with someone, but I can't quote whole chapters like I used to. I want to be able to do that again. I am working on finishing 1 Timothy right now. It's one of my goals to memorize all of the Apostle Paul's letters. When I finish that, I want to review the passages I've learned. It's easier the second time around, and I want Scripture memory to be a life-long habit.

I also gotta say that I miss quizzing like crazy. I sometimes wish for the days when my biggest concern was how many verses I'd have by the next meet. Quizzing is so amazing...I can't wait until I can help out with it and give back.

Comments

Popular Posts