Larry Boy and the Soccer Ball


Transcribing this for posterity's sake. I made it up on the fly one night a month or so ago, and my children apparently think its literary genius, because Timmy asks for it at least 5 nights a week before bed. And when he repeated it to me last night, he did a pretty good job getting the plot right!

So here, word for word (hence some run-on sentences), is the tale of Larry Boy and the Soccer Ball.

Gratuitous photo of said Higboys
Once upon a time there were two little boys named Timmy and Isaac. They lived with their Mommy and Daddy and their baby sister, Lydia. One day, Timmy and Isaac were playing soccer when Timmy/Isaac (I switch it up) kicked the ball so high it landed on top of the apple tree! Timmy said "oh no, what are we going to do?" Isaac replied "I know, Timmy, let's ask Larry Boy to help us." So they looked up at the sky and said, "Larry Boy, we need you!" and who should come flying down to earth but Larry Boy in his Larry-mobile. He hopped out and said "I am that hero! I'll find your soccer ball, Higboys." Larry Boy walked over to the apple tree, hopped to the top and stuck his super suction ear on the ball. Then he hopped back down and gave the ball to Timmy and Isaac. They were so thankful, they gave him a big hug and said "thank you, Larry Boy, thank you SO much!" Larry Boy said "you're welcome, Higboys! Now I'm off to help someone else!" And he got into the Larry Mobile and flew away.


Comments

Popular Posts