Goals (Yes, I Still Have Them!)

You know how sometimes you get too busy living life to blog about it? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I have made good progress on some of my goals, though. Others, well...

We've been doing lots of fun activities this summer. We sponge painted 4th of July t-shirts (which Timmy refused to wear), went to a parade and potluck for the 4th, had a visit from my parents and sister, as well as my cousin and his family, went camping with our small group from church, got fro-yo to celebrate Chris soloing in a glider and had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ.



I'm not sure if it's by the sheer grace of God, maturity or The No-Cry Sleep Solution, but Isaac has been sleeping so much better! I confess I haven't been very consistent with TNCSS principles, but Thursday night he slept 11 hours in a row. ELEVEN! His longest stretch ever. Even on the nights where he wakes up, it's only once or twice. And now I'm sure that blogging about it has jinxed everything and Isaac will be up every three hours tonight.


Almost all the birthday cards for the rest of the year are finished. Maybe I'll even get the last ones done today. The bathroom is coming along nicely--Chris hung the trim around the mirror last weekend and I'm working on the wall hanging. I also made photo books of 2008, 2009 and 2010, thanks to Snapfish's buy 1 get 2 free deal. Friday I hung some things above the boys' cribs and I hope to finish today.

I've definitely been slacking in the running and healthier breakfast area. But, we did go hiking yesterday (and I am pleasantly surprised how un-sore my legs are...just don't ask about my back) and the boys and I walked a few times this week. Gotta do better about eating healthy breakfasts.

Today I finished Desperate; I have also read the first half of Shadows of the Workhouse. Although not on my list, I read The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting and Where the Red Fern Grows as well. (Somehow I managed to reach age 28 without reading the latter...not sure how that happened). I thought I had finished Give Them Grace but according to my bookmark I'm about halfway through. Next up is Monster in the Hollows!

Comments

Popular Posts