Summer Goals

I love making lists and then crossing items off once they're done. On more than one occasion, I've written down something I've already done just for the satisfaction of crossing it off. In order to have a productive summer, I thought some specific goals might be a good thing, and since accountability is also a good thing, I am (possibly against my better judgement), sharing them with all of you on Internet.

I divided them into four different areas--reading, health, personal/family and homemaking. And naturally I made it a cute list for my craft corner wall, because (and I have no data to back this up), cute to-do lists are more likely to be accomplished.
Image found here

Reading (10 books is the goal)
Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
The No-Cry Sleep Solution
Wild
The Monster in the Hollows
Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse (just finished the first one and loved it)
Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End
Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert
The Meaning of Marriage
A Sweet and Bitter Providence
Give Them Grace

A little light the fiction perhaps, but hopefully it will be an enjoyable list with some good variety.

Health
Exercise at least 3 times per week. I've really slacked in the running department lately. :(
Work up to making at least 2 grain-free breakfasts each week. We don't have anyone who needs to be grain-free here, but my usual standby of toast isn't very stick-to-your-ribs or filling. However, it is easy. I'm hoping to find more high protein breakfasts to start our days.

Personal/Family
Keep up with birthday cards. I dearly love making cards for our extended family, but I have to admit that it's always nice when summer comes and the birthdays slow down!
Do 1 fun summer activity with the boys each week. We may do more than one, but since they (especially Timmy) are at an age where they can enjoy special activities more, I want to make it a priority.
Get Isaac sleeping through the night. Hence the second book on my reading list.

Homemaking
Finish the bathroom decorating. Painted it in October. Still need to frame the windows and mirror. And buy a matching bathmat.
Do collages of pictures, etc. above the boys' cribs. I've got some cute projects they've done that I want to display up there, and a few others that I still
want to make.
Find permanent storage solutions for everything on our bar counter. I'm hoping that with a better place to store Bibles, etc., it won't need to be cleaned off constantly.
Do a thorough purge of the toys.
Paint and make cushions for some barstools we were given.
Organize and backup our digital photos. I need to purge them as well (we really don't need 10 of the first time Timmy rolled over, etc.) and I'd love to be able to make some photo books.

Hopefully I'll be able to accomplish most (if not all) of the these goals and blog about my progress as the summer continues!

Comments

Popular Posts