Dear Baby (a letter to my son)

Dear Baby Boy,
In case you didn't see my Facebook status, you have a name and we have a van now. Our hospital bags have been packed so long I've nearly forgotten what's in them. Timmy has his Big Brother shirt and waves at my stomach when we ask him "where's baby brother?"

It was your great aunt's birthday today and while I know she would have loved to share it with you, maybe you're wanting a day of your own (which is fine) but if that's the case, please remember that it's your uncle's birthday on Friday, and we'd really like to meet you before then.

In the last month, I've organized the linen closet, pantry and several other places around the house. If you want me to rearrange the kitchen cabinets before your arrival, please let me know.

You've officially beaten your older brother for longest stay inside of Mom. There are scads of people waiting to meet you who eagerly answer every phone call with "baby yet??" So really, little man, don't you think it's time to come out and meet the world?

Love,
Mommy

Comments

Popular Posts