Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

(Note: I'm trying my best not to turn this into a total mom blog, but I am a (new) mom and thus it consumes a large part of my life.)



What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,

While I was pregnant, a lot of people asked if I preferred that Higbaby be a boy or girl. I can honestly say that I didn't favor one gender over the other. Certainly, I'd like some boys and some girls, God willing, but for our first, I just wanted a healthy baby. As I was utterly convinced the entire pregnancy that we'd have a boy, I wasn't too surprised when Chris announce "it's a boy!" just over 7 weeks ago.

As Timothy's growing, my excitement over having a little boy as increased, too (and trust me, I was already excited). Our wonderful church had a baby shower for us a few Saturdays ago, and I loved all the clothes with dinosaurs, monkeys and tigers. I'm excited for the day we're driving down the road and I hear "Mommy, there's a train!" and for all his grilled cheese sandwiches to turn into guns.

So when I'm sacrificing another glass jar for his worm collection or wishing that he'd stop hammering with his tools, I'll stop and thank God for the privilege of my little boy, frogs, snails and puppy dog tails included. 

Comments

Popular Posts