Just a Small Town Girl...

I've always been a small town girl at heart.  To me, "cities" consist of places with 50,000(ish) + people, which, quite frankly, is a bit too much for me.  I'd much rather live in a town where people know my name, are friendly and it doesn't take 30 minutes to get across town.

Now, we live in such a place. :)  After living in Y-town (70,000+), T-town is proving to be a refreshing change.  (It has 10,000ish peeps.)  We had to purchase some box springs upon our arrival, and I was genuinely shocked at how friendly the people at the store were.  The same goes for the antique store I stopped at a few weekends ago.

Along with the friendliness and ease of driving across town does come a few quirks we're still trying to adjust to, such as a library that's only open 3 days a week, Costco being 45 minutes away and odd hours at other places.  But!  We have the charmingest German bakery and an adorable downtown.

The last few weeks have confirmed what I've always thought--I'm a small town girl at heart and wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

Popular Posts