New Recipe of the Week: BBQ Chicken Pizza

I've still been making lots of new recipes, I just haven't posted them.  Forgive me.  I'll get caught up on them in the next few days.

Here's one from Anne that I tried last Friday for our weekly pizza night.

2 c shredded chicken
1/2 c BBQ sauce, divided
1 ready made pizza crust
1 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c small red onions, thinly sliced
2 T finely chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 425.  In medium bowl, toss chicken with 1/2 c BBQ sauce.  Spread remaining BBQ sauce on crust and sprinkle chicken, onion and cheese.  Bake until cheese melts and pizza is crisp (about 15-20 minutes). Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.

Results: Yummy and moist.  Chris loves BBQ, so I figured he would love this pizza, and he did.  

Things to do differently: Can't really think of anything.

What I did differently? Ha!  As I started, I realized that I had white onions, not red, and didn't have cilantro, so I adjusted the recipe without realizing it.  I also used homemade pizza crust.

Make again: Yes!  A good change from "normal" pizza.

Comments

Popular Posts