Things for Which I am Thankful

I know I'm a day late, but I was too busy spending yesterday with people I'm thankful for to blog.  So, without even further adieu, here's the incomplete-and-in-no-order list of what I'm thankful for, version 2008:

God
I know it's cliche, but it's true.  Each time I realize the depth of my depravity (which is daily), I'm all the more amazed that He would save me.  His daily grace amazes me.  2008 wasn't the easiest year--specifically, Grandma dying--but He gave His strength and comfort in a myriad of different ways, and for that, I am so incredibly thankful.

Family
They may be crazy, but I love them. :)  I'm thankful that my parents let me come to their house whenever I want and let me bring friends, too (usually to eat their food), especially on holidays.

My man
Being in a relationship for the first time has taught me a LOT (like how incredibly selfish I am), but I am so thankful that God brought me an amazing man that I don't deserve.  It's one more evidence of His grace and how He gives good gifts.  Daily, I am in awe of Chris and the fact that God brought us into each other's lives.

Friends
They've been there for me through the downs of Grandma's death and the excitement of my relationship with Chris.  Plus, the friends I live with put up with me on a daily basis...not an easy thing to do, as I'm sure they'll tell you. ;)

My Church
I am so thankful to be part of a church where the Gospel is faithful proclaimed and lived out day after day.  I'm thankful for a godly pastor who cares about his people, a community group dedicated to Jesus and everyone else at Oikos.

Running
I'm not exactly a runner per se, but I am thankful for a) the ability to run and b) people like my roommates and Chris who got me into it and won't let me stop. :)

Work
I have a good job for a great company and a steady paycheck...not everyone can say that and I'm thankful I can.

I decided to go for the shorter, more in depth list this year, because really, if I was going to list everything I was thankful for, the list would never end.  What about you?  What you thankful for this year?

Comments

Popular Posts