An Utterly Refreshing Weekend


I'm home from work today, fighting a cold and the chills (currently wrapped in a blanket, wearing socks and sipping peppermint tea, which would be quite lovely if I wasn't sick) so I thought I'd try to rectify what has become a rather boring blog.

This weekend, I headed off to a church women's retreat on a nearby island.  While I was looking forward to it, I was also a bit...weary, to be honest.  October has been an insane month; I was only in town the first weekend of the month, so I was wondering if this retreat would burn me out.  Quite the opposite happened.  I came away feeling refreshed, encouraged and loved.  Because of my traveling this month, I haven't been to my church in awhile, and it was so good to be around those I know and love.  Church family is different than any other group, I've decided.  You don't necessarily choose them (well, you do to some extent, but I think you know what I mean), yet we are called to love them and do life together.

Everything from the games we played to the teaching, singing and free time was wonderful.  I came away feeling ready to face life again (and on the verge of getting sick, but we won't mention that). 

(Photos: Top is from the Pt. Townsend Ferry, bottom the view from the house I stayed in.)

Comments

LISA said…
It was wonderful, wasn't it!! I'm so glad you went...are you still feeling sick...every time I see you I can never tell...you're always glowing! =)
Elizabeth said…
Yes, I am smiling a lot these days. :) I was feeling better, but suddenly today have felt out of it. Maybe 17-Bean Soup from Trader Joe's will help!

Popular Posts