Hymnodic Ponderings

Select verses from some hymns that have been running through my head as of late...

From All Praise to God Who Reigns Above

All praise to God, who reigns above, the God of all creation
The God of wonders, pow’r and love, the God of our salvation!
With healing balm my soul he fills, the God who every sorrow stills.

To God all praise and glory!
To God all praise and glory!
To God all praise and glory!

I cried to him in time of need; Lord God, O hear my calling!
For death he gave me life in-deed and kept my feet from falling.
For this my thanks shall endless be; O thank him thank our God with me.

And from Holy God, We Praise Thy Name

Holy God, we praise Thy Name;
Lord of all, we bow before Thee!
All on earth Thy scepter claim,
All in Heaven above adore Thee;
Infinite Thy vast domain,
Everlasting is Thy reign.

Holy Father, Holy Son,
Holy Spirit, Three we name Thee;
While in essence only One,
Undivided God we claim Thee;
And adoring bend the knee,
While we own the mystery.

Comments

Popular Posts