Book Review: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Title: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Author: C.S. Lewis

How can you not love this book? I've had it read to me several times as a kid, read it in college before the movie came out a few Christmases ago, and reread it a few months ago when I ventured into the full Narnia series. Most people (especially reading this) have probably read the Narnia books, particularly this first book, being the most well-known of the series. It contains a favorite quote of mine, the conversation between Lucy and Mr. Tumnus, in which Mr. Tumnus says tha Aslan is not safe "but he is good."

Elaborating on the plot of this book would be rather pointless, because, as I stated earlier, I'm guessing that most of the people reading this post have already read the book. Instead of belaboring the book's virtues (and they are many), I'll simply say that I loved rereading this book. Always have, probably always will. As of this writing, I'm nearing halfway in The Silver Chair and have announced my intentions to move to Narnia more than once.

Comments

Isaacme said…
Wow, I really need to read Prince Caspian sometime
Elizabeth said…
Seeing as how you are going to *BE* Caspian, yes, you do need to read it. ;)

Popular Posts