The end of a chapter

One week from today, I will graduate from college. I've been looking forward to it for a long time--mostly, I'm excited to have no homework and not let school dominate my life. I know that while my formal education is complete (at least as far as I know now), my learning is not. I want to be a life-long learner; this summer, I plan to do things like finish my quilt, learn to can, learn a bit of Greek and try to figure out my life. Camp will be daily lessons in loving kids who desperately need it.

Sometimes, I wonder if I have matured all that much in college. Sure, I can tell you the three types of commitment to a religous group, facets of ASL, the difference between deaf and Deaf, the two types of interpreting, but have I changed all that much from a rather anxious girl who moved 2300 miles away for college? I hope I have. Some differences are obvious--I've learned self-discipline and time management. I've changed some of my theological beliefs (hopefully for the better).
I'm excited, scared, anxious, nervous and ready to take this step in my life. I know that God will provide plans for next fall in His time--which isn't my time, but that's okay.

Along with all the learning, I have made a bookful of memories I'll cherish forever, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts