Real Life

It's 10:15 p.m. and my husband and both boys are sleeping (which yes, begs the question why am I still awake?), but I'm really close to finalizing the photos for my long-dreamed of and nearly finished gallery wall. So while they sleep, I'm enjoying the soft whir of the fan and clicking through snapshots, trying to find the perfect pictures to frame. One of my goals is to keep the pictures real. None of them are professional photos (though some by my Dad come close), and I keep telling myself that's okay. I want the photos on our wall to be just a glimpse of the wonderful, messy and sometimes chaotic life we have.

I came across this photo and nearly cropped the laundry basket out, but then I remembered that life is laundry and little boys and Eric Carle books, and I decided to leave it in, showing life as it really is.

Comments

Popular Posts