Giving Up on Perfect

Last night, suddenly inspired by a recent placemat making fiesta, I pulled out the quilt I started working on many, many years ago. I don't remember the exact year, but it was pre-Chris and probably pre-college degree. In a flurry of productivity, I finished the top in less than two hours.

My secret? I gave up on perfect. I decided I'd rather have it finished than sitting around because I'm too scared of messing up. Sure, I tried my best, but I didn't use my seam ripper once (a record for any time I try to sew) and I had fun!
Very much not perfect

And because I quit seeking perfection, last night my quilt went from strips in a pile to a top ready for binding.

Comments

Gretchen Louise said…
Good for you!
I say it's much better to have a finished project than a perfect one...but remembering that myself is easier said than done!

Popular Posts