Preparing Spiritually for Birth

As Baby Day draws closer and closer, we've been busy getting ready as all parents-to-be find themselves filling the last days and weeks before their little one arrives.

There is one area, though, that I have been (shamefully) neglecting in my preparations, and that is preparing spiritually.  Thankfully, I was able to take some time today to pray and meditate over some verses that I compiled.  Lindsay has some great encouragement here about preparing your hearts as well.

These are the verses that I gathered thanks to the above article, asking people on Facebook and some other online searching, highlighting the phrases that seemed particularly applicable to me.


    Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.--Psalm 127:3
Psalm 34:4
I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 139:13-14
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.

Deut. 7:9
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.

Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.“ Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.


Isaiah 26:3-4a
You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.

Neheimiah 8:10b
And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

John 16:21
When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD:
he inclined to me and heard my cry.

James 1:3-4
For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved,
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep your going out and coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

Psalm 71:6
Upon you I have leaned from before my birth;
you are he who took me from my mother's womb.
My praise is continually of you.

Hebrews 10:35-36
Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.

Comments

Popular Posts