Next Thursday

We purchased a turkey last night, which means that Thanksgiving is almost here!  It's my second favorite holiday (Easter is first).  I am incredibly excited for next Thursday, though still scared to cook a turkey.  Somehow my roommates and I made one in college, but none of us knew how to carve it.  (Isn't that always the man's job?)

Here's the menu I'm planning.  Nothing fancy like some cooks, but hopefully it'll be yummy!

Thanksgiving 2010
Turkey (probably this recipe)
Mashed Potatoes (ours is similar to this recipe, minus the mayo--we use milk)
Gravy (made with turkey juice? Normally we Chris makes it with flour and milk, so we'll see)
Corn
Crescent Rolls (I'll post the recipe soon--it's my mom's and SO good)
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Homemade Whipped Cream
Sparkling Cider

Our guests are either bringing wine or other side dishes.

The rolls will be made a few days in advance and frozen, the pies and whipped cream made the day before.

For those of you cooking the meal (particularly for the first time) what recipes are you using?  Any seasoned cooks with advice?

Comments

Popular Posts