"On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness"


I've never been a huge fan of fantasy books, but I do love Narnia, and thanks to Andrew Peterson, I'm becoming a big fan of the land of Skree. Currently, I'm half-way through "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" and enjoying it immensely. A very busy Holy Week and painting project haven't allowed me to finish the adventure with the Igby children, but what an adventure it is! The book (number one of the Wingfeather Saga) is packed full of information about the land of Skree (including maps, history and forms one must fill out in order to use a shovel). That's what I love about fantasy writers--they really do create their own world, each one a bit unique.

Andrew's world includes (but is not limited to), the horrid Fangs of Dang, the toothy cows of Skree, ridgerunners, thwaps and The Black Carriage. Without giving away anything, I'll just say that Janner and Tink have had a very...interesting...time at Ankeljelly Manor and are getting some adventure out of the map they got at Oskar N. Reteep's bookstore. I look forward to finishing the adventure they have with Leli (their little sister) and giving a more complete review.

Comments

Popular Posts