Computers are good but...

I like computers. They allow me to keep in touch (for free!) with friends and family who are far away, and also are a great source of information and an aid in school, such as using Excel for statistics and Word for writing papers.

However, there are a few things computers just should not be used for. Here are some...
*Poetry...don't do it, people! For the sake of all that is good and holy, please, please write it on paper. Words are more alive when handwritten than when it is done by machine.
*Love letters...I know computers are faster, have cooler fonts and spell-check, but they're not romantic! I write letters to my future husband, but I refuse to use a computer to do so. Nothing but the best for my man. ;)
*Math...okay, I know this one sounds strange (and my mom is probably thinking "what in the world?") but as I've been doing my math homework this semester, I've decided that simple math should be written on paper. My current math teacher requires it to be typed (or messy writing may effect your grade) and it just feels wrong to me. Sitting down with a textbook, binder and pencil feels just like highschool to me, in kind of a good way, actually.

Comments

Popular Posts